Follow/Share

Author Topic: PFM Boarder(s) of the year 2012  (Read 14034 times)

Napodano

PFM Boarder(s) of the year 2012
« on: December 14, 2012, 17:22:28 GMT »
This is the third award of the PFM Boarder of the Year.

This year we have a tie. The award for the PFM Boarder of the Year 2012 goes to Gord Evans and Matt Andrews.

Motivation:

Through their fire-side conversation with the Board, Gord and Matt have indicated the importance of the context in which PFM  reform is to be implemented.
In particular during his conversation (http://pfmboard.com/index.php?topic=938.0 - read by over 5,000 persons wow!) Gord tells us about the big picture, that is the importance of the interrelation of the Centre of Government (CoG) functions and in particular policy management to achieve a meaningful  link between budget and policies.
For his part (http://pfmboard.com/index.php?topic=6075.0 ) Matt deepens the analysis of CoG by pointing to the different agents, both internal and external, who can determine success/failure of any public administration reform, including MTEF. He warns us about short-cut solutions which may produce quick-fixes but are not sustainable over time. He has expanded his analysis into a new book to be out this coming  January (attached the cover of his book you need to register to the Board to be able to see it).

Gord Evans

Re: PFM Boarder(s) of the year 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 02:24:04 GMT »
I want to thank the Academy, or more accurately the Board, for bestowing this award upon me.  I have assured my mother that it is quite prestigious and will place it proudly atop a virtual shelf somewhere in the cloud.  I thoroughly enjoyed the Fireplace Conversation and the blend of insight and healthy irreverence that followed.  The fact that I am anything but a public finance expert should I hope serve as an incentive for someone who actually understands the subject to pursue the 2013 award.  Good hunting.

Governwell

Re: PFM Boarder(s) of the year 2012
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 14:23:06 GMT »
Thanks Mauro for the honor of being a PFM boarder of the year and for  supporting my work in the past year. I am really pleased, especially to be in the company of Gord! Gord: we have not met but I feel like I know you and am really happy to be considered in your company. Happy new year to both of you! Good luck in reaching the new years' objective.

RSS | Mobile

The PFM Board © 2010