Author Topic: Poverty and Environment Initiative in Kyrgyzstan  (Read 365 times)

Temir

• Bishkek
  • PFM Member
Poverty and Environment Initiative in Kyrgyzstan
« on: July 03, 2012, 20:33:57 GMT »
Kyrgyzstan starts activities in a framework of UN Poverty and Environment Initiative (http://www.unpei.org/).
The one of key players is Government, of course.  And issue is financing those activities from the state budget.
I have strong feeling that the best is the Program budgeting model. Am I right? And what is the world  best practice?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 21:17:46 GMT by Temir »

Napodano

• Administrator
  • PFM Member
Re: Poverty and Environment Initiative in Kyrgyzstan
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 15:30:53 GMT »
Hi,Temir;

Welcome to the Board.

The program budgeting model could be a way to go, by defining a program or better a series of dedicated activities and outputs under an existing program policy area (not all initiatives should become stand-alone programs to avoid ending up with a flat-pyramid structure).

More important, though, is the identification and monitoring of a performance framework for the initiative, i.e. indicators of performance at outcome and output level. Poverty and environment are sectors where well-established indicators have been used world-wide and could be adapted to the Kyrgyz situation. A research institute could be entrusted with developing and monitoring these indicators on behalf of the Government.

Temir

• Bishkek
  • PFM Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 03:03:32 GMT »
Thank you, Mauro!

There is one important aspect of budgeting within the PE Initiative: using public finance as a tool for promotion and introduction PE principles to the economy. So there are must be key driving points to hit on.
Is any methodology to find such a points?

Napodano

• Administrator
  • PFM Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 07:53:59 GMT »
Have a look at http://www.theclearinitiative.org/Clear_resources.html

The attached manual on performance may be of interest as well.

Best, Mauro

RSS | Mobile

© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com