Author Topic: New Head of PEFA Secretariat appointed  (Read 308 times)

Napodano

• Administrator
  • PFM Member
New Head of PEFA Secretariat appointed
« on: December 10, 2014, 08:30:21 GMT »
Congratulation to Lewis Hawke

News Flash from PEFA Secretariat
------------------------------------------
It is a privilege to be appointed Head of the PEFA Secretariat. I developed an appreciation of the Secretariat’s extensive knowledge and expertise and the professional service they provide to framework users. I am proud to take my place within the team and am particularly grateful to Helena Ramos who has been acting Head for the past five months. She maintained the high standards expected by our Partners and users during a very demanding period.
I come to the Secretariat at a critical juncture, as we prepare for implementation of the upgrade PFM Performance Measurement Framework, while also improving the methodological guidance and tools to support the PEFA community. I was directly involved in the upgrade of the current Framework within one of the Technical Task Teams and appreciate the intensive effort by a broad cross-section of the PEFA community to produce a significantly upgraded framework. Our first priority is to complete the refinements as quickly as possible, ensuring a smooth transition with maximum value retained from existing framework components.
The changes underway provide the opportunity for us to examine critically each aspect of the Framework, Secretariat activities, and our place within the public financial management analysis and reform process. We will be working closely with PEFA Partners to identify ways we can improve while also strengthening our dialogue with other stakeholders to make PEFA more valuable to users. The consultation process on the indicator set upgrade has been extremely valuable. The enhancement of the PFM Performance Report will provide a significantly improved indicator-led analysis thanks to the broader and deeper coverage introduced. We intend to build on both upgraded components and broaden our engagement with the wider public financial management community.
Beyond the Framework upgrade, there are other opportunities to improve our service in line with the PEFA program objective. I will be pursuing these opportunities through a consultative approach both within and outside the PEFA community. I look forward to hearing your views and working with you to make PEFA a more valuable part of public financial management.

Lewis Hawke
Head, PEFA Secretariat
December 2014
------------------------------------

RSS | Mobile

© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com