Author Topic: NAO and Monitoring  (Read 215 times)

Reg

• PFM Member
NAO and Monitoring
« on: October 07, 2013, 21:41:35 GMT »
‘Allo it’s me again.  Yeah, well it may be a bit late  an’ all that… but after an ‘ard day’s drivin’ you can get a conversation stuck in yer ‘ead an’ so you ‘ave to get it off your brain or whatever. Anyway I had this geezer from the NAO (National Audit Office, or somesuch) in the cab tonight – last fare before the pub as it ‘appens - an’ we got chattin’, as you do, an’ I asks what he does an’ ‘e explains wot the NAO does for the likes of us ‘ard working tax payers an’ it sounds great; stoppin’ waste an’ the like.  He then sez he works on “Intelligent Monitoring”.  Well I had to pause to think for a bit,  I mean we all enjoy a good adjective an’ that but I thought ‘e might be thinking it was him that was taking me for a ride! So just to check I asked what that was all about an’ he said this was where he had to get out.  Fair enough: so I looked it up on their web site and found this: http://www.nao.org.uk/intelligent-monitoring/.  Whilst I was about it, I looked up an antonym for ‘inteligent’ and found (would you believe it?) ‘normal’ and “stupid”.  I had to laugh.

John Short

• Global Moderator
  • PFM Member
Re: NAO and Monitoring
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 08:52:54 GMT »
Reg,

He didn't explain what this third (have to watch my pronunciation) sector is to you by any chance?- even that reference you gave us is pretty silent.  Still I suppose they assume everyone is in the know.

Reg

• PFM Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 06:43:31 GMT »
No he didn't, but I didn't ask neither.  I'd have wanted to know what the first and second sectors are and is there a fourth.  I 'ad another look and it seems that they have given up on it and abandoned the compact and changed it all into an office for "civil society" - now what would an uncivil society be?  Ta ta

harnett

• Global Moderator
  • PFM Member
    • REPIM
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 06:09:19 GMT »
Would it be one where the rich are getting richer and the poor getting poorer?

RSS | Mobile

© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com