Author Topic: PFM Boarder(s) of the year 2012  (Read 18037 times)

Napodano

• Administrator
  • PFM Member
PFM Boarder(s) of the year 2012
« on: December 14, 2012, 17:22:28 GMT »
This is the third award of the PFM Boarder of the Year.

This year we have a tie. The award for the PFM Boarder of the Year 2012 goes to Gord Evans and Matt Andrews.

Motivation:

Through their fire-side conversation with the Board, Gord and Matt have indicated the importance of the context in which PFM  reform is to be implemented.
In particular during his conversation (http://pfmboard.com/index.php?topic=938.0 - read by over 5,000 persons – wow!) Gord tells us about the big picture, that is the importance of the interrelation of the Centre of Government (CoG) functions and in particular policy management to achieve a meaningful  link between budget and policies.
For his part (http://pfmboard.com/index.php?topic=6075.0 ) Matt deepens the analysis of CoG by pointing to the different agents, both internal and external, who can determine success/failure of any public administration reform, including MTEF. He warns us about short-cut solutions which may produce quick-fixes but are not sustainable over time. He has expanded his analysis into a new book to be out this coming  January (attached the cover of his book – you need to register to the Board to be able to see it).

Gord Evans

• PFM Member
Re: PFM Boarder(s) of the year 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 02:24:04 GMT »
I want to thank the Academy, or more accurately the Board, for bestowing this award upon me.  I have assured my mother that it is quite prestigious and will place it proudly atop a virtual shelf somewhere in the cloud.  I thoroughly enjoyed the Fireplace Conversation and the blend of insight and healthy irreverence that followed.  The fact that I am anything but a public finance expert should I hope serve as an incentive for someone who actually understands the subject to pursue the 2013 award.  Good hunting.

Governwell

• PFM Member
Re: PFM Boarder(s) of the year 2012
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 14:23:06 GMT »
Thanks Mauro for the honor of being a PFM boarder of the year and for  supporting my work in the past year. I am really pleased, especially to be in the company of Gord! Gord: we have not met but I feel like I know you and am really happy to be considered in your company. Happy new year to both of you! Good luck in reaching the new years' objective.

RSS | Mobile

© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com