Author Topic: Handy Library for Public Investment  (Read 221 times)

Napodano

• Administrator
  • PFM Member
Handy Library for Public Investment
« on: March 19, 2012, 09:16:24 GMT »
Hi, there;

I would like to launch a simple initiative to collect valuable articles, papers and books which could form an handy library for public investment.

I start by proposing:
- this article which has a great title and an old truth about the danger of project selection: 'Survival of the Unfittest:why the worst infrastructure gets built—and what we can do about it'.
- the CBA Manual developed by the EC.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:25:36 GMT by Napodano »

pfmkaro

• PFM Member
Re: Handy Library for Public Investment
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 00:15:38 GMT »
Napodano

I am a new visitor to this website so apologies for the delayed response to your effort to start a handy library.  An excellent initiative in my view on a topic which is becoming increasingly more salient both in developed and developing countries.  Thanks for the reference to the paper by Flyvbjerg.  Will read with interest.   

Here are a couple of papers on the ex ante vs ex post rate of return that might add to the stock and I will find others that would be relevant:

petagny

• Global Moderator
  • PFM Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 17:19:39 GMT »
pfmkaro,

Interesting articles. Here's one I found comparing rates of return by funding agency.

pfmkaro

• PFM Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 18:15:06 GMT »
Petagny

I met Florio about 8 years ago and discussed this work with him and agree that this is a handy reference across the World Bank, European Investment Bank etc.  and on ex ante and ex post rates of return.   I meant to post this but could not locate it earlier.  Florio has worked on developing investment guidelines for the EU Accession countries.  Thanks again.

RSS | Mobile

© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com