Author Topic: New Open Budget Initiative working papers  (Read 389 times)

STONE

• Global Moderator
  • PFM Member
New Open Budget Initiative working papers
« on: January 11, 2012, 07:43:41 GMT »
The Open Budget Initiative has just published some working papers

http://internationalbudget.org/what-we-do/major-ibp-initiatives/open-budget-initiative/obi-research/working-papers/

IBP Working Paper 1: Budget Transparency and Financial Markets by Farhan Hameed
IBP Working Paper 2: Mineral Wealth and Budget Transparency by Michael Ross
IBP Working Paper 3: Political Determinants of Fiscal Transparency by Joachim Wehner, London School of Economics and Political Science, and Paolo de Renzio, International Budget Partnership and University of Oxford
IBP Working Paper 4: Budget Transparency and Development Outcomes and Rights by Sakiko Fukuda-Parr, the New School, Patrick Guyer, Social Science Research Council, and Terra Lawson-Remer, the New School
Comrades or Culprits? Donor Engagement and Budget Transparency by Paolo de Renzio, International Budget Partnership and University of Oxford, and Diego Angemi

I haven't read them, er, yet and I'll try and put them in the bibliography, er, soon

atseacliff

• PFM Member
Re: New Open Budget Initiative working papers
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 08:19:35 GMT »
Thanks for drawng my attention to these.

John Short

• Global Moderator
  • PFM Member
Re: New Open Budget Initiative working papers
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 11:30:36 GMT »

I looked at "Comrades or Culprits? Donor Engagement and Budget Transparency" by Paolo de Renzio, International Budget Partnership and University of Oxford, and Diego Angemi expecting an analysis of performance of PEFA indicators D1 to D3, but the scope was donor supported TA covering MTEFs, IFMISs etc.  The most telling comments in that respect was “good governance can only come from inside; it cannot be imposed from outside” by President Zenawi of Ethiopia.   Perhaps an analysis of D1- D3 could be next on the researchers' agenda - the reasons for the scores would be interesting reading.

RSS | Mobile

© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com