Author Topic: Visa for Gabon  (Read 5485 times)

petagny

• Global Moderator
  • PFM Member
Visa for Gabon
« on: January 13, 2011, 16:10:18 GMT »
I'm not in a good mood today having been turned away from the Consulate of Gabon for a second time. There's a long list of things needed to obtain a visa, including confirmed ticket, original hotel booking, letter of invitation, insurance cover, letter from employer telling you to go and one which many economists (but not accountants) might have difficulty fulfilling, 'justification of professional activity'. These are the most difficult entry requirements I have come across anywhere, except perhaps Kuwait back in 1987. My advice is to minimise the hassle and use a visa service, and expect the requirements to be interpretted to the letter!

I guess this is not very different from what a lot of our readers have to go through to visit an EU country. I now know how you all feel!

STONE

• Global Moderator
  • PFM Member
Re: Visa for Gabon
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 19:36:57 GMT »
Good advice.  I have a horror of the more tortuous visa application arrangements and always use a visa company service, but then I or the funding agency can afford that.  I too learned that those of us from countries with more acceptable passports are lucky.  Imagine having to do an interview as well.

RSS | Mobile

© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com