Author Topic: Decentralization in Indonesia: Success or Failure  (Read 258 times)

Glen Wright

• PFM Member
Decentralization in Indonesia: Success or Failure
« on: September 28, 2014, 04:01:15 GMT »
Colleagues:  I recall that the approach that Indonesia used for decentralization was considered a model for how to do decentralization.  I am interested to know how well it has succeeded in the long term and what research papers there are that have evaluated the success or failure of this approach.  I would appreciate response from those with first hand knowledge of decentralization in Indonesia.  Thanks

Napodano

• Administrator
  • PFM Member
Re: Decentralization in Indonesia: Success or Failure
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 10:21:31 GMT »
Glen,

for those like me who are not decentralization experts but are interested in the subject can you please upload papers on the Indonesia model for decentralization?

Glen Wright

• PFM Member
Re: Decentralization in Indonesia: Success or Failure
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 13:02:09 GMT »
Attached is a paper describing the Indonesia "Big Bang" approach to Decentralization and identifies many of the issues that this approach was designed to change.  I am interested to know how well the political, administrative, and fiscal decentralization has progressed over the past decade given the political changes that have occurred in Indonesia.

RSS | Mobile

© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com